- Indian Sugar Export Update :
- The sugar industry anticipated that the government will allow an additional 3 MMT. With the production anticipated to decline, India would not allow more sugar exports dampening the speculation of the permit of a second tranche of shipments.
- Currently, it is expected that India would export only 6.1 MMT of sugar as per the govt. cap imposed on sugar export amid prevailing supply concerns.
- Owing to high export parity, about 5.5 MMT of contracts were made for the export of sugar.
- As per the Ministry and commerce and Industry, most of the sugar had been destined for Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, China, and others.